Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two Days with Lola

Well.. we have had a few days where we planned to go swimming. BUT unfortunately the weather did not agree to our plans. BUT that was ok because we just spent time hanging out. When i got there saturday, she was face down in her bed, by herself, and crying.. which obviously i hated. I scooped her up, gave her some kisses, and laid her on the bed to talk with her. She however, was extremely distracted by my backpack. I'm pretty sure she looked at it like humm... what do you have in there for me today? haha. When i got her dressed, i think she was happier. AND she looked SO stinkin' cute!
She wasn't too thrilled about me stretching her or trying her new cup.. but she looked cute! :)


After a while, Felix and I took her for a walk. There was a big sporting event at the school near by so we went to see what was happening. It wasn’t really anything for us, but we did have a great time out and about. We also spent some time practicing standing. AND today was the first time that i saw a really big, genuine smile. It was amazing! She has a beautiful smile. I almost cried. I think she was SO proud of herself for standing so tall!

On Monday i was able to go back and spend more time with her as well. There were 6 of us who were there for the day to help with laundry and sort beans. I went immediately to get Lola. I brought an outfit for the day that my mom picked. I wanted her to look SUPER cute to meet the other Muzungu's. AND she looked beautiful.

However... she was VERY crabby. I think she was tired and in pain. She did not have therapy on sunday and wouldn't be getting it Monday either because there wasn't going to be anyone there to do it. SO she was extremely rigid. Her legs and arms would barely bend. It was awful to see her so stiff. I would be crabby if i were here too. We went on the other side and attempted to visit with the kids, but she wasn't havin' it. We went back to her room and i stretched her a little bit. It was just the two of us so that was awesome. Well.. it was just the two of us, and the other baby that was left alone in the room. It was so sad because he was so tiny and was just there by himself. He wasn't crying or sad or anything, but he should NOT have been alone. Its terrible. BUT being just me and Lola and NO orphanage workers talking about the muzungu, thinking i don't know they are talking about me was awesome!!! I got her cup again and put some water in it for her so that we could try it again. She actually did MUCH better this time. She liked the water i think, as opposed to chai tea, which is what they kept putting in there. She was clearly SO tired though, so i scooped her up and rocked with her. I rocked her to sleep and it was obviously the first time that happened. At first she was looking at me like what are you doing.. but i just rocked and sang to her and she cashed out. She looked SO peaceful and sweet. I could have sat there forever..

When we went back over to the other side, we were visiting with the Muzungu's and Lola made me so proud, because she actually stood and held her own weight for a few seconds! It was awesome!!!! She smiled SO big, and i don't know who was more excited.. her or me!?!? As you can tell by my face.
Before i knew it, it was 11:00 and it was time to leave. I was totally sad to go. I put her back in her bed, gave her kisses and told her that i would see her soon. I hate leaving her behind, knowing that she will be left to her own devices. BUT i am looking forward to getting back there as soon as possible.

She is getting more and more used to me each time i see her. She even takes it now when i give her about a million kisses a day rather then making a what are you doing to me face! Ha. She smiles more freely and appears to be happier. It is awesome to see how much better it is getting and i can't even wait to see what will happen once i get to be with her EVERY day! Here's hoping i guess... but for now, i'll take what i can get. Which is a few hours a week with my lovely little lady. AND for me that just means a few hours a week where she gets special attention and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment