Friday, July 8, 2011

Tuesday's my favorite.

Tuesdays we go to Victory Primary School.. where our sponsor kids go. It is my favorite project because I get to see them. They are so stinkin cute. I always make sure that I try to buy them chapatti or bread from the cook at school when I am there, because I can. They are like celebrities when I come spoil them, and that is fun too. When they were finished with lunch they both brought me the puzzles I had given me and asked for help. It was really quite challenging to put them together. I was able to figure out Tracey’s but Gloria’s was NOT as easy. We worked on them for a while but they had to go back to class. It was awesome to just get to spend some time with them. They are both so cute that i love to be with them! I try to spoil them while i can when i am there!








After Victory, I got on a Boda and headed to Nsambya to see my girl. When I got there, she and Mick Paul were laying in their beds. I grabbed her up and started to talk with her. I am really trying to see what she can do. Each time that I go, our interactions get a little better, and she seems to improve in her desire to engage with me. I really haven’t heard her make too many sounds, so I really wanted to work on that. Sometimes she makes sounds when she is whining or about to cry, but other then that she doesn’t talk. I am pretty sure it is because she doesn’t have anyone to talk to or engage with, but I am not sure. I laid her on the bed next to Mick Paul, who is a big babbler. He is at the appropriate age to be discovering his voice. He has the best little personality. It makes me sad that they are often left to themselves. He has club feet, which in the United States is an easy thing to fix. However here it is a completely different case. I was SO SO excited because he was talking to her and she was VERY clearly trying to talk back. It was a really awesome moment for BOTH of them!!

They laid there next to each other and talked for a long time. I was SO excited. They are in a room together, across the Orphanage from any of the other kids so they don’t interact with anyone really. I think that they were both excited to see another child. It was incredibly encouraging today to see her try to engage with another baby and to hear her clearly trying to vocalize. I was SO excited i almost cried. Today was a GREAT day! It can never be wrong when i get to see ALL my girls... on the same day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment