Friday morning was tough for me because my head and heart just weren’t there. We went to two primary schools, Kyambogo and Wankulukuku primary schools. At the first one we just did some singing and shared a story, and Wankulukuku where we did a feeding program. I was in the Kitchen with Ivan and Kyle. Chopping wood is my favorite! Someone asked me why i always have such a big smile when i have an axe in my hand..Hahah.. It is fun to be in the kitchen, but its hard because the open fire burns your eyes SO badly! There were some VERY cute kids there!
Here i am with Katy and Maggie (two awesome Muzungu's at the house this year who i love!)
After we fed the kids and played a little bit we got in the van to head to City Side High school. BUT I got on a Boda to Nsambya. I was praying the whole time on the Boda.. first that we wouldn’t crash haha.. and 2nd for clarity and understanding. On Thursday night I obviously had a hard time. In the middle of my moment, I asked God for SOMETHING… ANYTHING that would help me to know that Lola was responding to me.. and the whole way there on the Boda! It is amazing what happens when you specifically ask. When I walked into the room, she looked right at me and smiled. It was awesome. I spent some time with her just the two of us. It was obvious that she knew WHO I was and was excited to see me. I laid her on the bed and played with her and talked to her. She was very engaged with me and seemed to try and mimic what I was doing. I was talking to her and really encouraging her to make vocalizations AND she started to try and make some. She sat really well and held her head for a long time. It was the best day ever for us. I don't have any pictures of her big smiles because it was just the two of us.. and its hard to make her smile and take the picture at the same time. BUT i will get some that is for sure because her smiles are amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment