In the afternoon we went to Kalanabiri school to play in a basketball game. It was the craziest game i have ever played. It was full contact ... no pads. NO fouls! Totally nuts! I had a few steals and actually scored. WHICH was crazy because i thought i would die. They were so intense. When you had the ball, you had like 3 girls trying to rip the ball out of your hand, through whatever body part was in the way. It was nuts. BUT so fun! This is Cece, she was who i had to guard. She was great! Tough game.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Katalemwa Hospital/Basketball Game
Today was the most amazing time. We started the day at Katalemwa Rehabilitation Hospital for children. I wasn't allowed to take pictures, but it is amazing to see what they are able to do with so few resources. I was in the workshop. I helped to sand wheelchair bases. They were wooden chairs that would eventually be put on wheels. I also sanded trays for the chairs as well. It was unbelievable. I kinda almost cried. It was an amazing moment. After working in the workshop i got to go spend some time with the kids. Not enough time, i could have stayed there all day. I got to help hand out stickers. They were so smiley. It was awesome.
In the afternoon we went to Kalanabiri school to play in a basketball game. It was the craziest game i have ever played. It was full contact ... no pads. NO fouls! Totally nuts! I had a few steals and actually scored. WHICH was crazy because i thought i would die. They were so intense. When you had the ball, you had like 3 girls trying to rip the ball out of your hand, through whatever body part was in the way. It was nuts. BUT so fun! This is Cece, she was who i had to guard. She was great! Tough game.

In the afternoon we went to Kalanabiri school to play in a basketball game. It was the craziest game i have ever played. It was full contact ... no pads. NO fouls! Totally nuts! I had a few steals and actually scored. WHICH was crazy because i thought i would die. They were so intense. When you had the ball, you had like 3 girls trying to rip the ball out of your hand, through whatever body part was in the way. It was nuts. BUT so fun! This is Cece, she was who i had to guard. She was great! Tough game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment