After a crazy whirlwind day of getting everything finalized for my trip, mom and dad took me to the airport. We went to Mario's for dinner, which is one of my favorites. My flight to London was a little bumpy but not too bad. When i landed, i took the tube out to Kensington for the day. I walked around and saw some shops. It was nice to not be sitting in the airport! My flight to Uganda i sat next to a girl from Scotland who TOTALLY reminded me of Sarah Wells so that was kinda nice. We talked a little bit. I slept a lot because i was tired from walking around London and the change in time zones.
Mondays are kind of an easy day because it is planning day. We had some singing practice. It was hard because we were learning songs in Lluganda. WHICH clearly i don't speak. I learned a ton of songs, that i don't remember now.. much less later. After that we hung out at the house. I played Uno with some of the girls. It will be interesting here because i am in a house full of girls and i am one of the oldest ones. The people are very nice though so that is good.
We went to the slum close by to spend sometime. I helped move clay pots. The families sell them to raise money. It is sad because it is between a very wealthy area where there are huge homes, and the university. They are so poverty stricken and yet they are surrounded by so much. I also played with the kids. It was SO fun. They are so friendly. They smile and laugh. I taught them how to give high 5's. It was pretty funny to see their reactions.
I will post pictures. later... Power went out. Welcome to Africa! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment